Just the gist (for small children and others with tiny attention spans):
From nothing, God created everything.
For those that can handle just a bit more:
“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters.
And God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. And God saw that the light was good;” (Gen 1: 1-5)
- On the 1st day, God created Day and Night.
- On the 2nd day, God created the Sea and Sky.
- On the 3rd day, God created the Land and all the Plants.
- On the 4th day, God created the Sun, Moon and Stars.
- On the 5th day, God created the Fish and the Birds.
- On the 6th day, God created Man and the Animals.
- On the 7th day, God rested. He likes to fish.
From nothing, God created everything. He saw everything he had made and found it, not just good, but very good.
Even here, at the very beginning of creation, we see God the Holy Spirit hovering over the waters, while God the Father “speaks” creation into existence. He’s using words. Saint John tells us that “In the beginning was the Word” and that all things came to be through the Word. (John 1:1-3)
Let us keep an eye on the Word. He’s going to show up on Day 25 and do something crazy…