I have a particular devotion to Saint Michael and recommend his intercession to anyone.
Here are some things you may not know about him:
- His name means “Who is Like God”.
- He led the good angels to throw Lucifer and the bad angels out of heaven. There is a particularly stunning sculpture of this scene carved from ivory at the Nelson Atkins museum in Kansas City, Missouri.
- He guided Saint Joan of Arc to victory in France.
- He has a great prayer.
- He has a chaplet.
- He even has a Lent.
- And a scapular.
- And, of course, many, many, many medals, pictures and sculptures. I even painted him! (click here)
- He is the patron saint of soldiers, police people, doctors and housewives with unruly children (okay, I added the last one, but I’m, 98% sure it’s true).
- He is an excellent intercessor for anyone praying for more strength be it while in battle or just to get through the day.
Saint Michael, Saint Gabriel and Saint Raphael, Pray for us!